Up to 78 dB SNR @ 140 dB SPL
The market is driving the need for improved voice recognition for security, automobile infotainment control, VoIP, accurate language translation, voice-activated consumer devices and high precision hearing aids. The latest next-generation MEMS microphones require highly accurate precision testing with signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) tests up to 78 dB with high parallelism, high UPH, in a high volume production environment.
Significant Improvement in Test Accuracy and Parallelism
The µ-sense™ test solution when combined with the Sense+™ automation platform delivers state-of-the-art testing of high-fidelity microphones with up to 96 devices under test in parallel. The µ-sense test solution provides precision measurements up to 78 dB signal-to-noise-ratio enabled by its unique patented technology. The isolated architecture conducts the tests in a low-sound environment significantly increasing test accuracy and output, with no need to stop handling for idle or silent mode. Providing up to 10K UPH, and with no special requirements for anechoic rooms or chambers on the production floor, the solution delivers cost-effective, high-throughput manufacturing for next generation high-fidelity microphones.
The Sense+ system features 32-position turret test and scan complete finishing solution with full 6-sided optical inspection. NV-Core Inspection System provides full final inspection and unit-level traceability from tray or bowl input to tape & reel output.
DI-Core Data Intelligence System provides real-time equipment monitoring and data analytics for increased productivity.
The µ-sense test solution can be mechanical de-coupled from the Sense+ system for use as a standalone unit for engineering in a lab environment.
Watch our product video
Sense+ System with µ-sense Test Solution
(Tray to T&R)
µ-sense Test Solution Standalone
Lab or Low-Volume Manufacturing
- High SNR as well as standard SNR testing capabilities
- µ-sense test solution is independent of the Sense+ handling solution with maximum freedom of movement
- The test solution can be used as an engineering system in a lab environment
- Solutions for different packages across different loading media, bowl, and tray test
- Architecture isolates the test of MEMS from outside noise and vibration, significantly increasing test accuracy and output
- No special requirements for anechoic rooms or chambers on the production floor for either the handling system or the tester
- SNR testing up to 78 dB and up to 10K UPH
- Scalable in production from 16 up to 96 sites in parallel
- Can be utilized as incoming quality control at final assembly locations
2 x 1.5 mm – 5 x 5 mm
Scalable in production from 16 up to 96 sites in parallel
Full Port Down Process
The test solution can be used as a standalone unit for engineering or upgraded to a full production system.
- Full 6-sided post testing die inspection
- Micro-scale defect detection down to 50 µm
- Vision assisted accurate die placement
- Completed unit-level traceability from bowl or tray input to tape & reel output
- Pre-tape pocket integrity, in-tape device quality, and post-sealing quality inspection capabilities
- Real-time equipment monitoring and management
- Preventative Maintenance
- Central Recipe Management
- Optimized yield and defect detection through real-time Artificial Intelligence inspection
- Knowledge database and unified reports
Applications for MEMS Microphone
- Driver voice commands
- Road noise cancellation
- Infotainment system
- Tabs / Pads
- In cabin experience
- Maintenance monitoring
- Smart speakers
- Home security
- Building monitoring
- Security access
- Hearing aids
- Patient recovery monitoring
- Equipment maintenance monitoring
- Connected devices with voice-based functions
Complete our contact form.
Learn more about our MEMS & Sensor test solutions.